Sally D. Meadows Elementary opened in the fall of 1964. Meadows Elementary was named for one of Vidalia's most prominent early citizens. New construction was completed in the spring of 2010. We now serve grades two through five in our building of sixty-five new or renovated classrooms. Our facility includes four grade level wings, three computer labs, a gym, music room, cafeteria, administrative suite, and media center.
Bravely Preparing Our Future
The vision of Sally D. Meadows Elementary is to guide students toward excellence through
· a sequenced / organized curriculum of essential content which is monitored and evaluated;
· research-based instruction that supports the achievement of all students;
· a variety of assessments that produce data used to plan for continuous improvement;
· collaborative planning for instruction guided by school improvement efforts;
· a school culture that focuses on academics within a safe, productive learning environment that fosters a sense of community;
· a seamless connection between school and community;
· professional learning, involving staff and families, focused on fostering equity and high expectations for all students based on performance data;
· distributed school leadership focused on student learning and a supportive learning environment for staff;
resulting in students who strive to meet or exceed standards necessary to become productive, responsible community members.