Please read the following information concerning ways you can help your child perform well on the CRCT and details about the test.
CRCT Testing Tips for Parents
· Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep each night before each test day. The test setting is very quiet and lengthy in duration. Sleepiness can set in if your child is not well-rested.
· Make sure your child eats breakfast every morning on test days. It is very hard to concentrate throughout the test with a grumbling stomach, and proper nutrition is essential to the brain and body.
· Make the morning routine as stress free as possible. Avoid conflict that might cause your child to be upset prior to arriving at school.
· Make sure your child arrives to school on time! Early is definitely better on test days. Students who are late have difficulties settling down and becoming focused. If your child eats breakfast at school, please make sure you allow enough time for this.
· Make sure your child has taken any needed medications. Keep in mind some allergy medicines can cause sleepiness.
· Encourage your child to do his/her best on the test. Some students have test anxiety, and positive reassurance in a cheerful manner will help calm their apprehension.
CRCT Parent Letter
Third, fourth and fifth grade students at Sally D. Meadows will be taking the Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT) on April 15th (Reading), 16th (Language Arts), 18th (Math), 19th (Science), & 23rd (Social Studies). Federal law,Georgia law, and State Board of Education policy require that all third, fourth and fifth grade children must participate in the statewide student assessment program. This test will measure the knowledge and skills taught inGeorgia classrooms. It will assess how well our students have learned the Quality Core Curriculum and Georgia Performance Standards for their grade.
Third grade students must perform at grade level on the Reading CRCT in order to be promoted to fourth grade.
Fifth grade students must perform at grade level on both the Reading and Math CRCT in order to be promoted to sixth grade.
As with other tests, it is important that your child gets a good night's rest, eats a nutritious breakfast and arrives at school on time during the testing period. Testing will begin promptly at 8:30. We must have a parent or doctor's note for all tardies or absences during this testing period. Please note that no student will be admitted to the classroom after 8:30 a.m. once testing has begun.
If you have questions about the CRCT, please call the school at 537-4755.